Walgreens 9/27-10/3/09

Ok. So Walgreens runs their ads from Saturday of one week to Sunday of another week. You can get some great deals at Walgreens if you watch the ad, register rewards, and coupons from the paper and other sources. I have found some printable coupons that you can't get in the paper!! I am going to Walgreens tomorrow, 9/29, to see how well I do. They have a printable coupon $5 off a $25 purchase good 9/29-9/30/09.

For a little more explanation on how Walgreens works:

REGISTER REWARDS (RR): Coupons that print out at the register. These are good on your NEXT purchase. In order to get RR, you must purchase the exact items listed in the Walgreens weekly ad that advertise RR. You can receive a RR for each different RR item you purchase; however, you may not receive multiple RR for the same item purchased more than once on the same ticket.

USING RR: Basically you use them like cash on your next purchase at Walgreens. But, you must be aware of your expiration dates, they don't last forever!!! You cannot use more manufacturers coupons and RRs than items you are purchasing. For example, if you purchase 10 items and have 10 manufacturers coupons, you can't use RR. Therefore you must buy "filler items" to be able to use them all. Filler items should be $1 or less items and/or items you use regularly that are on sale. You cannot use RR to purchase the same item you received it for. For example, if you purchase a razor and get a RR, you can use it to purchase another razor, but you won't get another RR.

MFGR COUPONS: You can "stack" manufacturer coupons with Walgreens coupons for added savings. However, be careful! Always give the manufacturer coupon first to the cashier. Reason--the cash register will reject a manufacturer coupon if there is an overage, but it will accept a Walgreens coupon even if there is overage. However, I don't think they will give you money in your hand, so you will need to have tax or some other item to offset any overage.

Ok, folks, let's see how I do tomorrow. Keep checking back. I'll post pictures and exactly how I purchased items to receive the discounts.

All suggestions are welcome! Remember, I'm a newbie!

2 comments:

Michelle Carney October 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Hey! I'm sure you know about all the websites that match coupons with the sales but in case you don't- check out www.fiddledeedeemom.com or www.dealseakingmom.com. There are thousands of websites but these are my favorites. I really like how they match up the online coupons- so easy!

Jana October 2, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Thanks, Michelle! I'll definitely check those out! Keep the suggestions coming. I'm also going to try to do the Publix deals!

Post a Comment

About Me

First and foremost, I am a mom to two beautiful little girls! Caleigh is 3 years old and Peyton is 2 months old. I am well versed in being a mom, but I am still learning new things every day! I also have my master's degree in exercise physiology. I worked in the healthcare field for 5 years before I decided to be a stay at home mom with my oldest daughter.